Rule Name: Borrowing Loan Renewal Denied
What This Rule Does:
Looks at Borrowing requests in “Awaiting Denied Renewal Processing" and:
- Identifies system note that is created when the lending library provides new due date after renewal request is denied
- Reformats the date in the system note, and updates the due date field in the ILLiad transaction based on the due date provided by the lender.
- Sends email to the patron notifying them that their renewal request has been denied
- Routes transaction to “Checked out to Customer” status.
Why would you want to use this Rule?
- Notification to patrons that their renewal has been denied is sent within minutes after the lending library has denied renewal, giving the patron as much notice as possible.
- Processing renewal denials manually is no longer necessary, and the patron receives needed notification.
What is needed to use this Rule?
- Be an active user of IDS Logic
- An email template in your customization manager for the automated email that is sent to the patron.